Introduction

INTRODUCTION




My whole life changed the minute that Boris (the UK Prime Minister) said, on Monday 23 March 2020, 'You must stay at home'.

Overnight, my whole lifestyle, my whole being, my whole world............... was eradicated.

More than 4 years on, and lock down and all the restrictions that came with it, almost seem like a distant memory. …...............Except the legacy of lock down will live with us forever.

Covid-19 and lock down changed the world..................

It changed my life forever.

Looking back................... I was one of the 'lucky ones'.....................

I didn't catch Covid, I didn't have elderly parents that needed looking after, I didn't have young children or grandchildren that I wanted to see, I didn't have relatives in care homes, I didn't have any ailments that required hospital treatment, I wasn't on any sort of medication so didn't need to visit pharmacies or doctors, I wasn't old or infirm.

...........The only thing I was................... I was a single 61 year old woman living by herself in a fourth floor flat in the capital city of Scotland. And a very lovely flat it was too. Newly refurbished; 2 bedrooms, bathroom and a living-room/kitchen. Very spacious, with a balcony and fabulous views. I lived there by myself. I didn't have to share it with anyone, apart from my dog, Trixie, the Collie pup, whom I had adopted a year before.

I was financially secure, but it didn't feel like it at the time, because I felt like I was using up all my savings, just to stay alive. BUT, I was alive. …..............A lot of people didn't actually manage to stay alive.

I should have been happy....................... I wasn't................. I hated every single minute of lock down.

As a single person; lock down, was the absolute worst thing that could ever have happened to me. The minute that Boris said, 'You must stay at home', my life as I knew it, changed forever.................. and even now, more than four years on................. I still can't comprehend how much my life has changed in the last few years.

The story that follows is; 'My life in lock down'.  There's nothing special about it.  I've just written it to remind myself of how awful my life was back then.

Fortunately I survived!

Now I am, 'living the dream!' 😄

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARCH 2020

APRIL 2020